Monday, January 14, 2013

Racing Hospitality

During my first cyclocross nationals, I experienced true racing hospitality from Team Specialized. Andy (my uncle), Larry and I arrived in Madison late the night before the event and already Norm, who had been in the hotel with Sean, gave me race ready cross tires and lubed my chain. The next morning, Larry, Norm, Andy and I set off early before the race for me to pre-ride the course. After a muddy, fun hour, they pressure washed my bike and raced back to the hotel, where Larry dried all my clothes for the race later in the day. Larry and I then talked tactics, and after he helped me warm-up with Sean in the specialized tent. I then had the funnest and grittiest race of my life, and went straight back to the specialized tent, where a heat lamp stood waiting for me. Thank you so much Larry, Norm and Andy for giving me a great first experience! I look forward to many more specialized years!

Jules Gilliam

No comments: