Sunday, January 20, 2013

Time for a change.

I don't really like change.  I prefer order.  I like consistency and predictability.  My friends have called me obsessive and even anal.  Even in my training, I have found that I have been able to respond well to structured, repetitive blocks of workouts and races.

However there is a danger when you go without any change.  People have a tendency to become complacent.  In training this can lead to a plateau in ability.  In life, this becomes a lack of growth.  Change is usually avoided because it is unknown.  Unknown in the process and unknown in the result.  But change can also bring new challenges and opportunities.  It is these challenges and opportunities that allow you to break through to new levels.

So here I am, at the beginning of a new season.  I am on a new team, getting used to new equipment, and meeting new teammates.  Most of all, I am looking forward to a new set of challenges and opportunities.

Cheers,
Jeromy

No comments: