Thursday, January 24, 2013

A New Title


Recently I raced the Cyclocross National Championships in Madison, Wisconsin. Two weeks before the racing started the city received two feet of snow. Heat up the course to a temperature of about forty degrees add about 1000 racers, and you have the perfect recipe for a muddy, sloppy  course and a layer of ice underneath. Because of the treturous conditions, the race promoter decided to plow the course prior to nationals The race started off with Spencer Petrov winning the hole shot.  Within the first lap I took the lead, from then on the race was about keeping the power high and staying upright. Although I finished with the win I had a few crashes. I do not think anybody finished the race without at least one fall. I enjoyed Cyclocross National Championships, and  cannot wait for a great road season with Team Specialized Juniors.


Gage Hecht

No comments: