Wednesday, October 3, 2012

THANK YOU!!

What a better way to start a blog than by telling the truth? This is my last Blog posted for Team Specialized as I will not continue to race on the team for 2013. However, I will race for a local team (Eden Bicycles) in hopes of having a great season or two with them, and developing into a great rider and also a great under dog. This year I have experienced many changes. I started my year poorly - lots of things had deep influence in my life but that helped me build character, which is extremely important.  "Its all in you" was the advice I received from teammate Kyle Torres. It was true, confidence is needed in the sport, which is extremely hard, but like a guitar, when all the strings are at the right tension it just sounds great. Or like my dad tells me "when you can get that brain of yours to work you can do great things". And I truly believe that. To conclude this blog I want to thank my old team "TEAM SPECIALIZED RACING" for teaching me a lot about racing, and also a lot about life, it is a super squad. It is a great team, but it was not my fit. As specialized is a good team I also consider myself a good athlete and hope to find luck in my current team "Eden bicycles" which I also want to thank for all their help and support. Finally I want to thank team director Larry Nolan for never doubting my capacity as a rider and always giving me space when needed. And telling me to "keep my feet close to the ground" which I always work on! And is also a team value. Also, a big thanks to my teammates esspecially the graduates. And all the sponsors!

Thanks for having me, I enjoyed the ride!
- Oliver R. R Barajas

No comments: