Tuesday, October 9, 2012

2012 Season Fades, the Epic Off-Season Begins

Hey All,

I'm well into my off-season, and I am enjoying the break. This season has been a wonderful one, from winning races myself, to watching my teammates win. The highlight of my year though, would be having the opportunity to ride with the USA National Team in Europe, it was a true privilege. Although I encountered a series of unfortunate events, it did not phase me. This year I will train harder than ever before to make it back again to such a wonderful experience.

I will not be taking time off this year because it was too difficult to get back on the bike and so easy to lose focus. I have been running these last couple weeks to keep my bones strong, and to switch it up a bit. I have also been doing work in the gym trying to strengthen my muscles for more power. Core is something I have also been working on, it's hard but I enjoy it. And of course I am riding my bike, getting all that base endurance time in my legs. I will also be racing cyclocross, hopefully I see some of my fellow racing companions out on the dirt, and thank you to NCCF and Specialized for making the cyclocross possible. Hope all is well with everyone. :-)


Jack

No comments: