Saturday, September 29, 2012

Balancing School and Cycling

A friend at school asked me, “How do you it?”  I responded saying, “How do I do what?”  He said, “How do you balance school and cycling?”  To be honest, I had to think about it before I answered; because it’s not just school and cycling I’m balancing, I also work at a bike shop. This year I am a junior at Bellarmine College Prep.  Typically junior year is the hardest year in high school.  I spend many hours studying and doing homework every day; sometimes even working on homework ahead of time so that I can ride for a longer time.  Time management is a key component to my success.  Though managing my time is sometimes difficult, I continue to work on it every day.  Some people have a hard time balancing school and their extracurricular activities, so they  give up on the activity.  Luckily for me, the masters in Team Specialized inspire me to stay focus.  They are all successful cyclists and have great careers. I am fortunate to be on Team Specialized and to have them as our mentors.

Next for me are the BASP cyclocross races and national camp at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista.
See you all on the road!

Matt V
                                                                 

No comments: