Tuesday, September 11, 2012

So Long 2012


The 2012 season is over. It’s hard to believe, but its true. While I’m sad that there is no more racing left in 2012, I am grateful to be able to give my body a rest. This year was my first year on Team Specialized, and I am amazed at how quickly the year went by. But as they say “time flies when you are having fun” and that’s exactly what this year was… FUN! I enjoyed meeting a good group of new people that share my love and commitment to cycling. From teammates to sponsors, everyone involved with this team loves cycling and the pain, glory, excitement, etc. that comes with it.

Our sponsors have been extremely gracious and I would like to say thank you to Specialized for amazing bikes, SRAM for infallible drivetrains, Zipp for fast wheels, Clif for delicious food, Smith Optics for amazing glasses, Strava for training help, and Squadra for really comfortable clothes. Their amazing equipment allows us to do what we love. I also would like thank the Northern California Cycling Foundation (NCCF) and the founders of the team for funding and running a program where aspiring young cyclists can race as a team, and also continuously learn both about cycling and life.

I look forward to returning to racing in about four months time, stronger and more motivated than ever before.

So here is to a winter spent deep in the pain caves, hating and loving every minute of it.

Thank you Team Specialized for an awesome first year and many more to come.

See you next year,
Jason S

No comments: