Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 1, 500m time trail = 6th

Well, my throwaway event was just that. I either false started or was held up at my start. Since this is an electronic gate the officials didn’t see the later but I didn’t think I jumped early either. As you can guess when this mechanical start gate is holding your wheel and frame and you jump away from the machine it won’t let go of you until the start time. I wanna see this one on video.

I had a nice second lap so I’ll take some confidence into tomorrow’s 2km pursuit. I finished sixth, 6 tenths of a second slower than my ride at masters nationals (38.3). Steve Cronshaw (GBR) won the event with Australians David Wilmott in second and John Kennedy in third. Americans Jim Host (Chicago) was 5th and Rich Voss (Colorado) was 7th.

Nor Cal riders Mark Rodamaker (Alto Velo) placed 4th in the 60+, Lorraine Jarvis (Proman) took 7th with the women and I'm not sure how Craig Parker (ZTeam) faired.

Pic of Aub in the harbour. Hair blowing in the wind was a requirement to be in the photo!

No comments: