Saturday, May 10, 2008

push aside the pain and enjoy yourself

I had soooooo much fun last night at the San Jose track. I have been racing the track for 16 seasons and this was by far and away the most fun I have had during a track race.

Promoter Michael Hernadez (VOS Racing) pulled out all the tricks and put on a show. He started off with live music during the warm-up, brought in sponsors, volunteers, food and brews, designed a great race format and heckled every rider that clipped in.

Come on out for the next race on May 23.

old bald man vs. Mario Sandavol, credit: OTB Photos, http://www.otbphoto.com/. Ironically, Jeff Solt (Mario's coach) taught me this move!





5 comments:

beth bikes! said...

larry! this race against marzio was my favorite to watch!
it made me think you were even COOLER--and who thought that was possible?!

Anonymous said...

old? who's old?

Velo Bella said...

Larry is apparetnly 112 years old

WarrenG said...

Larry isn't old, he's experienced. He experienced the 1990's, the 1980's, the 1970's, the 1960's, and part of the 1950's.

Unknown said...

Hi people, I live in Frisco TX and found a Specialized Transition on the 75 interstate North of Dalas In Richland. I belive it was in early May around the 10th. I am trying to find the owner. If Anyone knows of someone who lost one they can call me at 213-215-4127 Ronnie here. I have called Specialized and they are rooting for me to find the owner. Thye were not able to help with the serial number as they dont record who buys these bikes. Thank you
Regards
Ronnie Noriega