Friday, May 16, 2008

In the Hood - TT stage

No official results yet but this is what we know right now.

Billy ripped the TT. 39:59 by his watch. If I had to guess, that would be the stage winner.

There were rumors of a sub 40' ride by Zimbelman in the 45+ group.

I rode 41:24 which should be enough to take the jersey. Sorry Rob...

Rob is comfortably in second place.

I had bad luck with cars and got caught behind two of them. It probably cost me 20 seconds or so. Still a long way of off Billy's time though.

Tomorrow will be epic. 8000' of climbing in 75 miles. There are 120" of snow on the ground at the Mt. Hood Meadows ski resort where we finish. Our plans to take a few runs after the stage were squashed when they closed the resort after last weekend. Obviously not due to lack of snow!

Jeannie Longo was late for her start by about a minute in the women's race and still finished 4th at 18 seconds. The UCI didn't like her bike setup even though it was okay in the prologue... Oh yeah, and she's 51. I'm just sayin'...

3 comments:

Erik the angry said...

Damn, that's fast! Congrats to you all on some great racing so far, and good luck in that mutha of a RR tomorrow. I wish I could join you!

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

DOMINATE!

Kevin said...

FYI, we had a tailwind this year and the course was just a smidge over 1km shorter. Even without shortening it though I think times would have been around 2 minutes or so faster.

Mike, tell Dan we miss him... NOT! :-)