Friday, May 30, 2008

Iron Horse Classic



Durango, Colorado

Over last weekend I was in Durango, Colorado to visit my Uncle and racing. On Saturday we  were going to go over two 11,000 foot passes. Over night it snowed 10 inches on the passes and they canceled the race.

The Crit was on Sunday. It was an 8 corner course with a short power climb. From the gun a 5280 rider attacked. I chased him down. He attacked me for the next few laps, but I stayed with him. I attacked him for a prime, but was caught after it. Then he pull the rest of the race. With around 400m to go I attacked before the downhill. I had a small gap on the decent and sprinted to the finish. I won. 

After the race I was breathing hard. I think it was from the lack of oxygen up there. It felt great to come back to California because the air is so thick.

No comments: