Monday, August 25, 2014

Time Management

Throughout the summer, time has not been an issue. No deadlines to worry about, no stress that occurs during the school year; just me, my bikes, and fun times. But, all good things must come to an end. School is right around the corner and all the responsibilities are starting to flood back. Through the actual hours spent in school, homework given, and tests to study for, school takes up a lot of time. Juggling that and cycling can be a very tough thing to accomplish. On top of it all, I decided to join marching band this year, which is something I had wanted to do last year but thought I would have to sacrifice too much cycling and racing time to join it. However, this year I looked at the marching band schedule more thoroughly and found that it ends mid-November, well before road racing season begins. However, through joining, I have committed myself to an even more intense schedule at school and have given myself less time to cycle until it ends.That means time management is key if I want to accomplish my cycling and school goals right now. It will take an efficient and focused mind to do it all, but after I wade through the thick of it, I will look back and think, wow, I done good; then, I will know how realistic the struggle is. I will have to plan my days and time to cycle with just a bit more precision and maybe even have to prioritize my activities and decide which ones are most important. It will be difficult, but I will become stronger after I am done. As Benjamin Franklin once said, "There are no gains without pains."

Thank you for your TIME,
Jules Gilliam

No comments: