Friday, April 4, 2014

The Upgrade Dilemma

I have been struggling with  the decision of upgrading from a Category 3 to a Category 2 in the road aspect of cycling since the beginning of this year. Starting at the end of last year and so far in 2014 I have won just about every SM 3 race I have entered. With this I have realized that moving up to the next category is something I should be doing in the very near future. One of the major problems with moving up to racing with the pro's is the mileage I will be doing in the road races. There are a good number of races that I would like to attend this year but since the races can be upwards of ninety miles, I would not be able to race them. I am only sixteen this year and I have never done a ride more than about seventy-five miles. With these factors, my parents, my coach and I have decided to upgrade to the category 2's after racing the Tour of the Gila. I have enjoyed the past seasons racing in the 3's and I look forward to the challenge of racing with the 2's. Thank you, Larry Nolan for your advice on this matter and also thank you to my teammates for their input on the dilemma.

Gage Hecht

No comments: