Saturday, May 18, 2013

For the past 5 weeks, I have worn a cast. It has almost seemed like an anchor holding down my athletic soul; I have been very anxious to get it off. I miss training and racing very much and wish to be back on the bike as soon as possible.

Yet, my accident has helped me focus on patience, a very important trait for a cyclist. Larry and Billy helped me realize that rest can be the best thing for a growing junior, and that if I learn to balance enough rest with my training, I will continue to perform at my best. I've been taking my unbroken body for granted lately and this has really helped me perceive just how precious and delicate it is in working order. I have also had more time to spend with my parents and increase my academic skills, such as the trumpet and my grades.

Thank you to everyone who's given me advice and encouraged me to stay positive; it has really helped keep my spirits up. I look forward to riding my bike!

Jules

No comments: