Saturday, May 11, 2013

1-35


Cycling, like any sport, comes with frustration, anger, determination and glory.  This season, I have raced my bike 36 times and have only won once. 36 times where I can say I gave it my all, and tried my best. Even though winning one race so far this season seems to be discouraging, it actually helps put things in perspective.  I know I am on the right path to achieving my goals.
The win came at Cat’s Hill Classic in the Juniors 17-18 Category last weekend. Although it is not the biggest and most important race of the year, it is surely one of my favorites as I now have won this race two years in a row.  This win meant more to me than the last because I was determine to win it the “Billy Innes” way - ride away solo from the field by attacking on the climb, which I did. The win at Cat’s Hill Classic has fueled me to work harder, to never give up and to keep on pedaling.
Last lap attack


-Matthew Valencia 

No comments: