Monday, July 23, 2012

Cycling 2012 Comes Closer to an End

            As this race season comes to an end, I want to recapture and reminisce some great moments I’ve had this season with my team. My experience this year with the team was a highlight of my life. I’ve learned many new things; from team tactics, learning to be a good teammate and sacrifice myself for the good of the team. A team quality that was so evident in this year’s Tour de France. Sea Otter, an important race for our team and team sponsors, for example taught me to sacrifice my weekend to travel and race for my teammates to put out a good result for our sponsors. And indeed we did with podiums in both events we participated in. That weekend out of many other weekends and weeks with the team is one I’ll never forget.

Another lesson I learned this year is that not everything is given to you easily in cycling and life. All the dreams you want, you have to work harder than you’ve ever worked before for those dreams to happen. Although not all of my dreams came true this year, one dream that did come true and that was being a part of this team. The opportunity was an eye opener of what is out there and what is yet to come.

As I begin transitioning into the off season, I plan on trying to pull off some last minute results for my team, teammates, sponsors, and parents for helping me get to where I am so far in my life. Once that’s over with, I’ll take a break, play water polo for my school team, and hang out with friends. Although I haven’t begun to assess the 2013 season, I’m already getting excited for what is to come.

Thanks for reading,

~Nick

No comments: