Saturday, March 3, 2012

2012 Allez

Last Saturday I received my 2012 team bike, the new Specialized Allez, equipped with Sram force. On my first ride I was really happy with its handling and stiffness. I took it over to a hill I like to do intervals on and I smashed my old record.

When I went down the other side of the hill I decided not to hold back so I could see how well the Allez could descend. The Allez descended with ease. After that I decided to go up the hill two more times just so I could keep going down it.

The third time up the hill I was pretty tired, and it was getting dark, so I headed toward my house. On the way back there is a hill about the steepness of cats hill but a little shorter. When I went home I compared the watts I went up the hill this time with my PR and this time I had gone about 50 watts harder, which I think is due to the shifting. I was able to big ring it a quarter of the way up and when I down shifted the chain stayed on and it was really smooth so I could keep sprinting up it.

When I finally reached home at dusk I was very tired but also really satisified with my new ride. The Allez is a great bike. This was also my first ride with Sram and I am very impressed, I did not have a single problem shifting, and I love the double tap feature.

I can't wait to race my new bike.

-Jonathan Christensen


No comments: