Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thank you Trek!

Most know that we are racing on the sweetest road machines available to racers...now I have the honor or sharing some race results from just my second day on my new Trek Track frame. At 200 pounds I'm quite demanding of my equipment, especially when I try to go fast. The velodrome is all about speed so it's critical that my power drive my machine forward and only forward. The Trek Track frame does that and more.

My home track, the San Jose Velodrome, has just received a major make-over ($650K from Santa Clara County) so we now have handicap access, a new apron, a new warmup circle, new lawn and sprinklers and a re-building under turn one where San Jose rodents formerly called home. That being said, the surface of the velodrome was not touched. It's not bad, but it's also not a fast surface. Therefore, your equipment gets tested every ride.

Last Sunday I competed in the Nor Cal Masters Championships and walked away with wins in the M45 kilo, M30+ team sprint and M40+ team sprint. The Trek Track frame surpassed all of my needs. The combination of carbon (fork, seatpost, stem, bars) and aluminum (frame) helped me to enjoy my comfortable, yet fast ride. Thank you Trek! Larry Nolan
photo by Tim Brennan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a beauty and all so red hot like a red hot porsche!

Unknown said...

You run out of tape?