Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Junior's Biggest Sponsor

Recently I have been noticing at bike races that a lot of the junior athletes I compete with have been getting into conflicts quite often with their parents. I'm not trying to call just one person out because there are many riders who are in the scenario. Everyone has been in this situation at one point or another in their life. Maybe it's something they said or something they are making us do, it could be almost anything. I know I am not always in agreement with the things they want me to do. What I'm trying to say is even though they might not always be there for our enjoyment, they are always trying to do what's best for us. Because of all of their hard work they put in, I think we as juniors should show a little bit more respect and thankfulness toward them. After all, they are the ones that bought your first bikes, took you to bike races and paid race entry fees, and so much more. Even before you could love them back they loved you. I'm not saying that you always have to be best friends with your parents, but a little respect and thankfulness goes a long way. Next time your mom or dad says or does something you are not in favor of, think about how much they really do for you.

Thank You Mom and Dad!

No comments: