Wednesday, November 20, 2013

OTC

Before I get started I would like to wish everyone Happy Holidays.  After a some what
successful season, I got the opportunity to go to the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista
CA. I have been there before in years past to race BMX, but not for the reason's I was there
this time. I was there for National ID Camp.  I was one of 27 people to get invited and I can
tell you it was a great experience.  Over the five days I was there I got to meet new people,
and meet up with a few of my friends, such as Eric Oien, Nathan Rico, Christian Husband,
as well as my Teammates Nick and Jason.
     
My Dad drove Nick and I down to the OTC, upon arrival we signed in and got our rooms. Some of the guys had to put their bikes together, after everyone had settled in we were to meet up and go for our first ride.  Later that night we had classes as we did every night ranging from tactics, nutrition, usada etc.  Eric's brother Justin Oien showed up to talk to us as he had just gotten back from racing at the JR Worlds.
    
But what we were really there for was to be tested on our fitness and abilities.  Billy,
Barney, Michael had several tests to find out our power to weight ratios and such.  We had
a team race where we were teamed up with other riders to test our racing skills.  That was
some of the hardest racing I did all year, as everyone was trying their hardest to show the
staff that we had what it took to be the best.  These guys are good they are some of the best riders in the country.

Not having ever been to a camp like this I knew it would be hard and boy was it. When all was said and done I had a better idea of what it takes to try to become the best rider one can become.  I had a great time, and feel very grateful to be one of the lucky ones to have been invited. 
    
In closing I would like to say Thank You to Billy, Barney, Michael and the rest of the staff
for everything they did for us. I feel very thankful for being invited to the camp it was a learning experience something I will remember the rest of life.

                                         Till next time
                                                               SEAN


 
    

No comments: