Tuesday, June 18, 2013

It's time, the Nationals!

                                           
                                         IT'S TIME , THE NATIONALS

It's that time of the year again summer time . Which means here comes the heat, it also means it's time for the Nationals. You all knew it was coming, as I did too. I have carefully prepared
myself all year for this special event. I have as well as my team targeted certain races, such as
San Dimas where the Team took the top four places, and Sea Otter we didn't win but we took the other two top spots. Jack has recently won State TT, Jason won State Crit, with Jack taking 2nd. Gage has just won State TT in Colorado, Owen won State Crit. Matt won Cats hill Crit., Grant's been
tearing up the cat 3's up in Oregon, Nick's been doing the same down here in So Cal., Jules just
came back from a broken foot and finished 3rd in State RR.
            
I, on the other hand, since the beginning of May, my racing form has started to come around.  I raced State RR, TTand Crit. and was lucky enough to have won. But more importantly, it
let me know where I stand in my own age group, and - I still need work. Also during the month of May the Tour of California came to my town of Palmdale. That was so cool.  I got to get up on stage and meet the top pro's as they signed in.  During Memorial Day weekend we had a team mini-camp up north.  We stayed at Jason's house, a special Thanks to Jason's Mom and Dad for having us. The team raced Mt. Hamilton RR  Jack finished 10th in the pro 1,2,3 race. I finished 3rd in the cat 3 race ,but got droped on the hill climb at the top, and had to fight back on the down hill to get back on. If it wasn't for the help of Jason I wouldn't have finished 3rd.  Thank you Jason. So this race really let me know that I need more work before the Nationals.
            
Which leads us to where we are now.  Although these races have helped my confidence, it has also showed me my short comings. So, my Dad and Larry have been helping me with my training. Every day I continue to improve and every day it get's closer to the Nationals, with the dream of winning the Nationals again.

So see you next time, hopfully a few of us will be wearing National champions jerseys. 

Sean
      
                                                       


No comments: