Monday, June 10, 2013

Back on track

After some horrible rain in March, April, and even May I'm finally getting some real quality track time in. It's always hard when you know your competition has months of extra training time. But that just means when I'm at the track there is no time to screw around. I've been going to the track Monday nights for practice, Thursday nights for omnium racing, and sometimes Saturdays for racing. Last week the schedule came out for track nationals and they took out the points race and changed in to a 2km pursuit, so in the last week I've been out at the track working on my pursuit. I've noticed that from this work on the track that my finishing sprint on the road is stronger, I can time my attacks better and come around guys who used to beat me. I'm also really excited to win our team pursuit at nationals. I think we'll be a really strong team when put together.

Have a good Monday!
Grant McElroy

No comments: