Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring Break

     For the past two years, just before the San Dimas Stage race, my mom and I have travelled to Mexico for spring break.  Last year we went to Cabo San Lucas and this year we went to Puerto Vallarta. Going to Puerto Vallarta took my mind off racing, allowed my legs to recover and spend time with my mother.  We did all kinds of activities like snorkling, paddle boarding, canoeing. When we were snorkling we saw all kinds of fish that you don't normally see. The water was so warm and clear it made snorkling just that much more enjoyable. Canoeing was also great, the water was very calm.  Canoeing was very relaxing and fun.  Now paddling boarding was very fun, but also very difficult.  You have to have alot of balance just to stand on the board while the water is flowing beneath you but you also have to balance while paddling which is such a big challenge. The resort had some of the best foods, one of my favorites was the duck they served. And since it was an all inclusive resort we ate our fair share.
     We also went out into the surrounding area to see the sights. To my surprise being all that way from home what did we run into?  a Wallmart and Sam's Club!  Well I guess you just can't get away from some things. We went to the souvenir marts, we bought tee shirts for my Dad, and Step Dad, and other nice things to bring back for family.  We were able to get out and meet the people, who were very kind and nice to us.
    In closing I'm looking forward to next Spring break with my Mother because we always
have a great time when were together. Spending time with my parents is very important to me, because they are the greatest parents I could ever have. And spending time away from the bike did me some good, It allowed me to perform at my very best at San Dimas.


                                                                   See You next time Sean

No comments: