Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Big 'S' Target


Team Specialized is known for being one of the best elite juniors team in the country. Because of this there are moments in racing where we can get heckled or chopped in the corner of category races. Over the years I have learned that the Specialized S on our jersey is an easy target for other racers. Sometimes riders race negatively in the field because they are not fans of junior racers or other times they race completely against us to make sure someone wins other than Team Specialized. I may feel a bit annoyed when this happens to me, but I remind myself of my coach’s response to combat this feeling, “Let your legs do the talking.” The team and I race assertive and aggressive and we work together to get the win. Even though people may not be a fan, for whatever reason, we brush it away and keep on riding. 

Matt Valencia 

No comments: