Sunday, March 17, 2013

Living in Cali

After a number of weekends heavily biased towards cycling, there happened to be a free weekend that got filled with some family time. In this case, it was a run up to Tahoe to sneak in some late season skiing. Sunday was designated for skiing while Saturday was to get out there and do some other things. This allowed just enough time to get an early morning bike ride in before leaving.

For the novelty of it, I rode out to the coast to see the ocean (or at least I would have if the fog didn't roll in the night before). In and out of the fog, with an warm inversion layer on Skyline, it was a pleasant ride.

Then, just a few hours after racking up the bike, we stepped out of the car in the snow covered mountains.  It is a bit crazy. There are not too many places in the world where you can do that.  I guess if I wanted to take this all the way, I should have gone for a swim while I was at the coast. ;)

Jeromy

No comments: