Friday, August 31, 2012

Farewell and Thank You



As my final year as a junior and member of Team Specialized comes to an end, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank everyone that is part of the team for all the support they have given me the past two years. It was such an honor to be chosen for this program. I have made so many great friends that I will stay in contact with for a very long time. I have developed so much as a rider because of the expert advice we get from Larry, Craig, Billy and all the other masters teammates.

I will miss all the fun team trips. I have really great memories of team camps, San Dimas Stage Race, L’Abitibi, and the Tour of Ireland. The first thing I remember about being a part of the team is getting picked up in the team van at the Oakland Airport for our camp at the Smith’s house. Getting in this van, that was all decked out in sponsor logos, made me feel pretty special.

Thank you so much to all the founders of Team Specialized Juniors for making this team possible. Thank you to Larry for being such a positive influence on me and for all the guidance in my cycling career. Thank you to all of the wonderful sponsors for backing up this team.  Being on this team for the past two years has been one of the highlights of my life. I will be on a U-23 team next year and I look forward to seeing all the riders and their families at the races.

Kyle Torres 

No comments: