Saturday, August 7, 2010

First Kermesse


We arrived in belgium Wednesday. We have been riding around the area. We have ridden cobbles and visited the HTC-Columbia Service Course.

Today we had our first kermesse. We started with 60-70. At the end of the first lap I attacked and was solo around the start/finished. I was caught soon after. I got in a few attacks, but nothing I was in stuck. My "teammates" (technically there is supposed to be no teamwork in kermesses) Michael and Colin got in a long break, but were caught with 3 to go. With 1 lap to go I put on the "pants" and forced my way to the front. I was top five with 1km but lost it through a technical section with flower boxes in the road. I sprinted early and finished 15. The money goes deep at Kermesses and I got a few Euros.

We have another kermesse tomorrow.

No comments: