Friday, August 27, 2010

Belgium

Hey everyone!

I am having a great time in Belgium right now. On Wednesday, I raced in my first kermesse in the town of Kemmel. The course had a small cobbled climb and went on some narrow farm roads. It started to rain right when the race began. I got into a couple breakaways but nothing stuck. It began to rain harder as the race went on. The field also got smaller and smaller. The cobbles were getting very slick near the end of the race. I ended up finishing 10th and won 18 euros!

On Thursday, I raced in another kermesse. It was a mostly flat course on narrow roads with a tiny hill and the street that the start/finish line was on had small cobbles. Once again, I tried to get in the breakaways but none of them worked. I was having a hard time trying to get the Belgians to work with me. I ended up 26th and won 5 euros.

Saturday, we have another kermesse and on Wednesday we head to Italy!

Torey

No comments: