Sunday, March 28, 2010

San Dimas Hills Road Race

Last Saturday I won my first 3s race at San Dimas 1 day before my birthday. They team worked great. We ended the week 5th and 8th. The full is below

The RR was Saturday. We rode well and stayed near the front. Daniel won a Hot Lap for a time bonus and Andrew was in some early attacks but nothing stuck. After the second Hot Lap I rolled off the front and rode a half lap before I was caught. On the KOM climb Torey drilled it each lap and almost dropped me. With 2 laps to go we were neutralized by the 2s and then the pros. This gave me a chance to recover.


On the final lap 2 riders had a small gap. I followed a Ritte rider who won a race I did in Las Vegas. He brought me to the break. I talked to him, encouraging him to keep going. He pulled me to the break. We immediately dropped one rider and a BH rider wasn't working. I told Ritte to keep going and I gapped the BH rider. He was Verbally upset when I gapped him. I passed Ritte and kept going. I was alone for a while, during which another rider bridged to the break. When the caught me we were now 4 and worked well together. On a quick chicane BH's rear wheel slid out and he almost lost control. The new rider left us on the climb. I gambled and followed Ritte's wheel. He brought me to close to the line, but a rider from the pack attacked and passed us. I chased him down and did a bike throw. I won by a few pixels.


This was my first win in an elite field and just a day before my birthday.

Thanks to all my teammates who helped control the race.

No comments: