Sunday, March 7, 2010

Christmas in March!!

Thank you to NCCF and all of our sponsors! It feels like Christmas all over again(shoes, helmet, glasses, jacket, hat, shirt, and BIKE!) I am so proud to be wearing the big "S" and representing our team every weekend. This is my first chance to ride with one of the top jr. teams and I am enjoying every minute of it.
This weekend was my first time racing at the Merco crit and road race. In the jr crit our team lead out James, I was so thrilled to see my teammate win so I raised my hands in victory as I crossed the finish line. Today was the road race and I raced against jrs. that were twice my size. During the first lap the San Jose guys were attacking on the rollers but Chris, Jack, and I were able to cover them all. As we approached the 2nd lap there was a big attack from Matthew Koenig which I followed. This attack left us with 5 in the lead group which grew to over a minute and a half (according to the lead moto). As we approached the final hill I knew I didn't have much left in my legs but suffered through it because I didn't want to get caught by the chasing group. In the sprint I got 5th place against those older jrs. Overall, I had lots of FUN!

No comments: