Monday, May 11, 2009

Joseph Mendez Crit Race Report (3's and Jr's)

The junior race started off pretty fast. I believe that I was one of the first ones to attack within the first 3 laps. I did so to try to see if either Daniel Farinha or Zack Wick had an eye out for me, which I believe they did. I eventually got back in the pack. Right after I got back, Peter went. Immediately Adam Hodes got on his wheel, and I got on Adam's. In order to get ready for Nationals and maybe Belgium for the next 25-30 min I tried chasing EVERYTHING down, pretending that all attacks were a big threat. Finally when Daniel Tisdell went I decided to sit in and rest a bit. (Iwas dead), and with 2 laps to go I moved up and on the last lap I saw Andrew leading Peter out, so I got on Peter's wheel and managed to hold it to the line. I got 4th overall and 2nd in the 15-16's!

The 3's race was a different story. Being completely out of energy from the Jr's earlier that day I sat in the whole race try to just hold my position near the front. With about 5 laps to go I started to move up. On the last lap I had 6th wheel with James Laberge on my wheel, perfect position! Unfortunately, on the first 90 degree right turn, some guy managed to "pinch" my out of my position. Luckily, James managed to come around me to get 3rd overall, but I was out of it. I had 25th wheel, so I decieded to just sit up and finish with all my skin.-Moral of the story , HOLD YOUR POSITION- If I had I might just have podiumed in the 3's!
Thanks for reading!

No comments: