Saturday, February 1, 2014

Off Season

     Before I begin, I would really like to thank Larry Nolan, my teammates, team parents, and sponsors for a great season in 2013 and I am excited for the upcoming season. Since Cross National Championships and the Specialized San Dimas Camp, I have been off my bike for an off season to recover and focus. In being between seasons I have done some things I cannot easily do during the racing season. The day after 'Cross Nationals I went skiing and night tubing with Campus Life. It was a ton of fun hanging out with some of my friends up on the slopes. In the recent weeks I have started to consistently take flight lessons at the airport near my house. The amount of checks needed to make sure a plane is safe to fly is amazing, from checking for fractures in the plane's fuselage to making sure your seat won't move on takeoff. Overall, I've had a lot of fun during the off season, but I cant wait to get riding again starting with Valley of the Sun.

-Gage Hecht
Displaying photo.JPG

My first flight

No comments: