Sunday, December 15, 2013

Balance

I've been injured, out of work and away from my family for extended periods of time.  Thankfully not all at once, but I know all too well how just one of these components puts my life and well being out of balance.  It's also rocked my family chemistry.  I strive to find balance in my life. 

At a time of year when lots of folks are giving thanks and counting their blessings, I wanted to thank each of the juniors for their weekly posts to the team blog.  Almost 52 weeks of thoughts, feelings and emotions poured out to our cycling community in hopes of giving back to your support. 

Being a top level junior cyclist is quite a challenge.  Pressures with school, family, friends and cycling time are not always in harmony.  They sometimes collide.  We've got our December team camp coming up after Christmas and it's been fun to pull together the curriculum and activities.  We'll spend some time reflecting on the challenges that training time puts into our lives, share some tips, time management and coping techniques. 

Thanks for following the Team Specialized Juniors!  Larry Nolan

No comments: