Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A NEW SEASON

The 2013 season is here, which means a new year and new teammates. First of all I would like to welcome to the team Gage Hecht, Grant McElroy, Owen Gilliot, and Julies Gilliam. Also I would like to say farewell and best wishes to Marcus Smith, Chris Leberge, Kyle Torres and Dean Haas as they have graduated from the Team, and went on to college or to U-23 Teams or both.  Next I would like to say farewell and best wishes to Oliver Barajas, and Jon Christensen as they have moved on to other Teams and I wish them great success.  This year we have a some what smaller team but my feelings are that it's going to be a very good team, almost everyone on the Team has been a National Champion or multi - time State Champion. 
     And as of this last weekend I got a little taste of how strong this team is going to be come Nationals time. We raced Valley of the Sun and had some good results. Jason finishing 3nd in GC and Jack winning the road race, Grant getting 5th in the crit, Owen getting 4th (17-18) in the road race, Gage getting 5th in the TT, and I finished 2nd in the road race. So if this is any indication of how good this team is, I think were going to have a pretty good season.
     In closing having had the chance to race and bond with my teammates new and old I feel that I am one lucky kid to be surrounded by such great talent.  Talk to you next time and have a great season, because it's all about having fun and the joy of racing .

                                                                                                    Sean McElroy

No comments: