Friday, February 8, 2013

My Escape

In life there are many adventures to experience that are good and bad. The joys of being with friends and family to the stressfulness of school; educationally and socially. As there can be many distractions in high school, especially for me as a 16 years old, it's important that I keep what's most important first in my life: family, cycling, school, and occasionally when there is time, hanging out with friends. As distractions can get in the way of these priorities, the one action I do take to let go of these stresses and frustrations is my bike. Instead of taking these feelings to heart and being in a bad mood, I just go out for a ride and use my energy on quality riding time instead of wasting it nonsense. I realized this past week that my bike has been my most helpful way to escape from society and just have "me" time out in the open and let myself just feel and be free. This type of escape is a heck of a lot better than just staying home and being in the not so best mood. Riding to be free from society has helped me collect my thoughts and calm myself better than I normally would. For these escapes, this is truly why I love riding my bike and that it's not always about the set interval workouts that need to be done or the amount of tempo riding that is needed for endurance to help someone become better. Sometimes just going out and spinning the legs is all I need for that mental boost and to re-assure myself that all these distractions are nonsense and that they should not be getting in the way of what I love most.

Thank you for reading,
Nick Castellano

No comments: