Thursday, June 28, 2012

Win or Lose~ Defeat is Not an Option


When the game is over I just want to look at myself in the mirror, win or lose, and know I gave it everything I had. ~ Joe Montana

2012 USA Cycling National Championships in Augusta, GA proved to be a challenge this year. I may have come home with 1 medal and 2 top ten finishes, and some people may say that’s great, but I would disagree. You experience defeat when you stop trying and fail to take chances. I took chances at Nationals this year. I picked up the slack and chased too many attacks at the crit and dug myself into a hole for the road race, but I took a chance. I never stopped trying and gave the races, everything I had. To quote NFL running back, Emmit Smith, “I may win and I may lose, but I will never be defeated.”
~Jack Maddux

No comments: