Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cheyenne Canyon Time Trial

Last weekend I raced the Cheyenne Canyon Time Trial in Colorado Springs.  It is one of my best results to date.  Second in the Pro1/2.  The climb is 5 kilometers long and the beginning isn't too steep.  But it gets steeper halfway up with the last kilometer over 10%.  I've won this race 2 times before (SM3 2009, 2010).  Bettering my time each time, this time I did the race in 15:30. Tom Danielson has the record and it is 13:34. The winner is a cat 1 and won the other hill climbs this year (Mt. Evans, Lookout Mountain and others).  He finished in 14:50. This happens to be the same climb that is used for the power tests at National Camp at the Olympic Training Center.  This is one of my favorite climbs anywhere and it was a pretty good race.  Every year I get closer to the record! 
-Dean Haas

No comments: