Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Mountain Bike Race, Coffee and Something To Put It All In

Today I raced the Winter Park Series #3 Valley Point to Point Mountain Bike Race.  It was a 22 mile race where I raced the Category 2 Juniors.  I did the race in just about 2:00:00 setting one of the best Cat 2 times for all ages.  My group was the last to start out of the Cat 2's so I had to use a lot of energy to pass older Cat 2 riders and slowed me down a bit.  I had a fast enough time to win the Junior Cat 1 race and win some other Cat 1 races too.  The race was in beautiful Winter Park, CO where most of the race was around 10,000 feet of elevation.  The race was just a total blast with super fast downhills that were really technical and where the climbs up the fire road were super fast also.  The singletrack was so much fun and the fact that it had rained the night before made the forested sections wet and muddy so I got really dirty.  This is my first mountain bike race and it is definitely not my last one.  Oh and about the title.  Well I won a mountain bike race, I won a bag of coffee and I won a mug to put all the coffee in.  Not such a bad day of racing huh?

-Dean Haas

No comments: