Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Merco Stage Race

This past weekend was Merco Stage Race in Merced County from Thursday to Sunday. Besides the extremely hard competition and domination by Bissell Pro Cycling Team, I had a lot of fun and learned more than I have ever learned in cycling in a 4-day span! I got the oh so valuable time to get to sleep in the same hotel room as "Fast Freddie" Rodriguez.

No matter what time it was in that room, he was always available for questions and he would be ready to answer in a heart beat and be able to provide an example and relate it to his career and eventually something to learn from for me. Now, with me staying with Freddie for 4 full days, this gives ample amount of time to ask plenty of questions and get lots of answers and learning in just the 4-day span. If there was something I could take back from this past weekend, it would be the results and the racing, haha. But it was still a great weekend despite not having the legs to compete.

Thank you Freddie for letting me stay with you and be able to share all of your stories. It was really fun and I'm looking forward to get to know you more as the year goes on! Your a great example of American cycling and it was great to get the information straight from your words in front of me. Unbelievable. If for some reason you have the chance to room with Freddie, take it! You will learn a lot and will be a very valuable experience.

Thank you for reading.

No comments: