Sunday, February 27, 2011

On the road to Recovery

The past 3 weeks I have been sick to some extent and has put me off the bike most of the time. Thank god for doctors! I don't what i would do with out them. My temperature was ranging from 94F to 103F and would change in a matter of minutes. Not only did my temperature change but my throat, head, stomach would all be constantly pounding my immune system to the ground. Three weeks after being sick, I'm finally back on the bike and riding on a daily basis. I lost quite a lot of muscle and it will be a process to get back up to speed.

Meanwhile, I tried to race at VOS 2 weeks ago in sunny Arizona and didn't go to plan but it's all a learning experience and we definitely learned our lesson and we are all eager to get our next shot at SDSR in LA in a couple weeks. I was scheduled to race at Snelling RR in the pro/1/2 field this past Saturday but when the weather called for possible snow and frigid temperatures during the afternoon, I knew it wouldn't be the best idea to try to race in February when I'm on medications and still technically sick. My teammates David Benkoski and Kevin Metcalfe participated at the frozen tundra and didn't come up with the results they were looking for but I'm sure they are all excited and pumped for Merco Stage Race that is coming up next weekend!

I'm currently on the road to recovery and trying to get back to where I should be soon. Even though I am sick and stuck inside a lot, it gives me a lot more motivation to go ride more, which is why I can't wait to really get back on the bike and be healthy again.

Team Specialized Racing was also at Calville Stage Race just outside of Las Vegas this past weekend. They fielded Jrs in the cat 3's, 2's, and Jrs races and did an awesome job! Kyle Torres was in the leaders jersey for a day in the cat 3's race, Jack, Matt, and Diego worked very well together in the Jrs race, and to top it all off Marcus, Willy, and Jeff were able to get multiple top 5 finishes in the category 2's race throughout the stage race! Congrats to all of them!

Team Specialized Racing will be fielding at Merco Stage Race starting Thursday for the pro/1/2 guys (including  Fast Freddy!!). We will also be having some Jrs in the category 3's race and masters in the masters race I believe. Should  be a strong weekend of racing with some Tour of CA teams coming to participate in the pro/1/2 field. Looking forward to another great weekend for the team!

Thank you for reading.

No comments: