Monday, February 21, 2011

My favorite ride

After racing in 70-80 degree weather at the VOS stage race in Arizona with my teammates. I was surprised to come back to Napa, Ca to a weather forecast with a high of low to mid 50's and continuous rain for near to a week. For most people they would ride in rain, snow, flood or drought. I would prefer to ride on the rollers, and do intervals. So, that is what I have been doing most of last week.
Until, I looked on The Weather Channel and found out that there was going to be about 4 days of no rain. I leaped out of my seat with excitement. Then mid Leap I realized that I needed to choose a loop to ride. I sat back down and suddenly remembered the loop that my dad took me on over a month ago. At that moment I realized that I was craving to ride on the loop again. This ride consisted of a flat start on Silverado trail for just over 25km. Then I would turn on to Sage Canyon Rd, which would take me about 20km up hill to Capell Valley Rd. Capell would stay flat with few rolling hills for 10km. Until, I meet up with Monticello Rd which last for about 18km, and goes to the top of Mount George. Once I would get to the top I would descend the west side of Mount George into the north east corner of Napa. In the end I will end up with about 80km of riding, and around 1,000m of climbing. After having road the loop twice I can already tell that this is going to be one of my favorite rides.

No comments: