Sunday, October 17, 2010

USACDF Marin Classic

Last weekend, I geared up for the Marin Classic ride. I was a little tired because my old school's homecoming was the night before but with a double shot espresso and 1 and a half cups of coffee, I was ready to ride! Steve McCauley, the director of the Development Foundation invited me on the ride to help out and be able to talk to the supporters about my trip to Europe. CHP was out to block off intersections and keep cars from bothering us. It was awesome! Taylor Phinney was the guest on the ride and I got to talk with him a bit which was really cool. It was a great opportunity to be able to ride with some of the supporters of the USA Cycling Development Foundation and be able to chat with them and thank them for the support. Without these guys, people like Peter, Eamon, and I would not have these incredible chances to go over to Europe and race with the National Team. It was also great to see Ralf Medloff, the mechanic for the National Team while I was in Europe. Ralf and Steve were in the follow car for the ride and they would have me drop back and point out people who were struggling so I could help them out. I pushed people up hills and brought others back to the group. After the ride, we had a delicious lunch at a very nice house. It was probably the biggest house I have ever been at. The owners of the house were very kind to provide food for thirty hungry cyclists!

Up next, 'cross racing!

Torey

No comments: