Thursday, July 8, 2010

Track Nationals - Day 1

Hello from lovely, hot humid, and terribly uncomfortable Trexlertown, Pennsylvania. Today was the opening day of junior track nationals. Matt had his 500m ITT today and I had my extremely painful 3k individual pursuit. Matt had a very good ITT pulling off a 38 something placing him 3rd giving him 3 very valuable omnium points! In my pursuit I had a stress filled warm up as I had to do last minute mechanical work to my bike, but thankfully I was able to warm up on my road bike while my dad dealt with the issues. The bike was race ready with plenty of time and I passed the jig and weight test on the first time which was a huge relief as it took three times to pass at road nationals. I was in the 11th heat and boy was I ready. Legs were warm and I knew what I had to do. I had what I thought was a good start but later learned was quite slow. Although for the remaining eight laps I was able to keep a steady pace and gradually accelerating faster and faster each lap. Below are my splits recorded by my dad:
  • Lap 1 - 29.14
  • Lap 2 - 24.72
  • Lap 3 - 24.82
  • Lap 4 - 24.28
  • Lap 5 - 24.26
  • Lap 6 - 24.45
  • Lap 7 - 24.23
  • Lap 8 - 23.94
  • Lap 9 - 24.58
  • Total Time: 3:44.42**
**Time recorded by my dad. Official time was 3:45.051

This put me 6th over all.

Next race: points race

Thanks for reading,

--Andrew Jr.



No comments: