Monday, June 14, 2010

Sattley Time Trial

Eamon and I went to the Sattley TT to get some good training before the Nationals TT. He raced in the Elite Mens and I raced in the Mens U23. This was my first time ever competing in a 40 km time trial. I made sure to not go too hard at the start. I felt great all the way to the turn around averaging 47.6 km/h. I realized after going through the turn around that the way back was a headwind. With 5km to go, I started to REALLY HURT. I crossed the finish line with a time of 52:14 and averaged 46 km/h. I was incredibly happy with my time. I ended up 2nd in my race. Evan Huffman from Yahoo! Cycling beat me by 41 second and Chris Stastny from Cal Giant Cycling finished 3rd. Eamon rode very well and finished 9th in the Elite Mens.

Thanks to all the Masters on the team for the TT tips! All the advice has helped me so much.

No comments: