Sunday, June 6, 2010

District Criterium and TT

Hey Everyone,

The district criterium was a windy race. We started, and of course there was a attack right at the line. Attacks, attacks and attacks. We covered them all. It was bell lap, Dylan Drummond "sprinted" because he thought it was the last lap. It was half a lap to go, I started my lead out for Matthew Valencia. I was at max, attacked out to the left in the final turn and Matthew flew by me and claimed the State Champion Criterium title. We put Larry's teachings in to the race, and it worked! One of our best races this season. Teamwork is the key.

It was the District TT, I started my warm up on the rollers. It was 100 degrees, but living in Fresno, I was acclimated to the heat. We were lined up, I saw Matthew go out of the starting ramp looking strong. I started my race, it was so short so I decided to leave everything on the course. No "vacations". I finished, catching my 30 second man at the finish line. Results are up, Mrs. Taylor comes up to me and the rest of the team to announce that I was the State Champion. I was so excited, I won last year, so I had to defend. It worked! It was a strong effort made by the team at Dunlap TT. Specialized podium-ed in EVERYTHING. Every TT and the Junior Points Series. I placed 4th in the JPS and Matthew placed 3rd, beating me by 1 point. Marcus got 5th in the 15-16 JPS James got 3rd and Andrew won 17-18 JPS. I think we can all be proud of what Team Specialized did today. Congrats to everyone.

No comments: