Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Grass Valley Training Camp and Panoche Road Race

Hey there guys,
The Grass Valley Training Camp was loads of fun, but at the same time being very hard. Day 1: We did a 60 mile ride with I believe to be 7,000 feet of climbing. It was very, very hard. I rode with my teammate Matthew for most of the ride. Overall fun day. Day 2: 104 miles, 2 sprints, 1 KOM and many more miles. There was an excellent lunch provided by the Philipp's. We had approximately a 3 hour lead on the pros and after that lunch it about down to 45 minutes. Thank you for the lunch, I really appreciate it. Thanks for that weekend, it was tons of fun.

Panoche, the NCNCA Road Race State Championships. It was a different, unusual race. The field was surging. Attack after attack, after attack. Our speeds would go from 25mph to 10mph causing many "dropped" riders to catch back in the group. I was in this race with my teammate Matthew. It came down to a field sprint, Matthew placed 3rd and I placed 5th. It was a good course, VERY windy. Kudos to: All 17-18 riders, Marcus Smith, Larry Nolan, Dean Laberge, Craig Roemer, and Billy Innes, you guys did great this weekend.

~Jack Maddux

No comments: