Thursday, August 6, 2009

15-16 National Crit

On Saturday we had our 15-16 crit. The course was short with a small hill on the back side. I was called up to the line because of last year's results. David Benkoski lined up next to me. In the first turn there was a crash and David almost went down, but kept both of us up. We had to unclip and get around the crash before sprinting up to the pack again. For the rest of the race small attacks went up the road with Andrew and James, while sat in and followed the wheels. With two laps to go, Andrew and I were set up well about 10 back, but a crash pushed both of us in 20th. James was in front of the crash and I worked my way up to him. On the last lap a 9 man break with all the sprinters (including James) got a small gap on the climb. I jumped across the gap and caught the sprinters who were looking at each other to work. I attacked them and got a gap through some turns. James got in 3rd spot and waited for the sprint. I don't remember much more then with 50m have 5 riders pass me. I finished 6th and James finished 4th. It was great teamwork because Andrew and James early attacks set up my attack and James's sprint.

No comments: