Tuesday, August 12, 2008

National Road Race 13-14

On Friday we had the National Road Race. I was a very hilly course. Everything was either up or down. The only bad thing about it was that we only did 15 miles. The group stayed mostly together for the entire race. On the last lap going downhill around 2.5 km out John Funk attacked, but he was chased down. I was in the top 5 going into the 180˚ turn 1 km out. From the turn it is straight and around a 3 % grade. I battled some kids for John Funk's wheel. We were around 30th in the pack. There were 2 crashes on John's wheel. He was moving up on the right side of the back but a kid swerved and ran into him. but both of them stayed up. He pulled me up to around 10th but then there were people in-front of him. Then I sprinted from 150m. But 4 people had already started their sprints and I couldn't catch up to them and I finished 5th.

No comments: