Tuesday, August 12, 2008

National Crit 13-14

Last Thursday was the National Crit. In was in Angels' Stadium parking lot. On the internet the course didn't look good because there were few turns for the amount of straights there were. When I started racing I realized that the course was great. The course was big but for the first half there was a tail wind and then there was a 180˚ turn which went under the giant A in the parking lot. When the group finished the turn you went right into a headwind from 400m out.
We did seven laps. I was in a break of 3 with 3 laps to go but was caught. John Funk was the strongest. He had just won the TT the day before and 2 years ago won all 3 events. He attacked with a lap to go but was caught. at that point in the race I was in the top 10 but the pack swarmed us. I was in 30th. I tried to move up the last lap and caught the front by taking the inside through the 180˚ turn. I got in the group with 400m to go. The group started to sprint. I followed wheels but when I started my sprint the guys were going too fast and I finished 7th.

No comments: