Monday, July 14, 2008

We all scream for ice cream!

After celebrating my son's 24th birthday back in February a bit too aggressively my weight swung over 200 pounds, so I swore off ice cream. Ice cream is definitely my biggest weakness. Then I started to come up with some "rules"... for me to enjoy my favorite dessert again I would only have a bowl when I won a race or when my weight dropped below 193.

When my weight finally dropped below 193 I set a new goal: ice cream when a teammate or I won. Sort of cheating... but this is a team sport!

Brian Bosch (Pacfic Sierra) denied my appetite at the 4th of July Crit in Davis when he turned our team leadout (Dylan Casey, Mike McCarthy and Scott McKinley... me, racing with our former professionals!) into his win.

Redemption came up yesterday when teammate Kevin Metcalfe soared off the front at the M45 Lafayette Criterium, formed a 4-man break and then attacked Rich Juarez (VOS) in the last lap to win. I took 3rd. Ice Cream! Thank you Kevin!

1 comment:

Steve Griffiths said...

Larry, I think you should expand your horizons a bit. Maybe ice cream when ever someone you know wins! We'd appreciate your dedication to this.